Obtaining a "meeting link" for 1-on-1 video calls

Does Sendbird allow me to create a “meeting / conference room link” for a 1-on-1 video call, in a similar style to a Zoom link or Google Meet link?

Our users will schedule a telehealth call for the future (we use a 3rd party calendar / scheduling vendor for this). We need to email them a link to the 1-on-1 video call. So, on the date/time of their appointment, they click on the meeting link and it opens the Sendbird app and the user either gets thrown into a waiting room for the call to start or the video call is just initiated at that time by clicking on the link…

Basically, looking for Sendbird to generate a “Zoom or Google Meet” type of link for a conference room that we can email to users in advance for their video call. Does Sendbird have this functionality? For us, it would be using the JavaScript SDK. Thanks.

Hi @David_Feldsott,

Welcome to the Sendbird Community! This is achievable using our newly released Group Calling feature which utilizes joinable rooms. The rooms can be created in advanced and sent to users when the need to schedule them ahead of time occurs.

Give it a look and let me know if you have any follow up questions!

Hey Tyler
I was wondering if there is a detailed description / tutorial on how to generate that link?
We have exactly same question as David above. We are using third party scheduling tool and need to create video link. Thanks in advance

Hello can Sendbird enable creating links for video conferencing? We are using Calendly for scheduling and we need to create custom links. Also do you enable recording of video and audio?

You can preemptively create rooms using the Platform API:

You’ll want to do this in a backend service that wraps this API as to not expose your API Token anywhere public.

In terms of your second question, we do offer cloud recording but it is a feature that requires a conversation with our Sales team.