App is crashing when receiving call / notification

I have reused most of the code from the sample android app. As soon as I receive a notification/call my app is crashing.
What is it that I am missing?
Below is the stack trace

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.sendbird.calls.internal.model.Constraints.getAudioConstraints(Unknown Source:3)
	at com.sendbird.calls.DirectCall.setRemoteConstraints$calls_release(SourceFile:1476)
	at com.sendbird.calls.DirectCall.onDialReceived$calls_release(SourceFile:1081)
	at com.sendbird.calls.internal.CallManager.onDialReceived(SourceFile:281)
	at com.sendbird.calls.internal.CallManager.access$onDialReceived(SourceFile:36)
	at com.sendbird.calls.internal.CallManager$3.invoke(SourceFile:105)
	at com.sendbird.calls.internal.CallManager$3.invoke(SourceFile:36)
	at com.sendbird.calls.internal.client.EventDispatcher.dispatch$calls_release(SourceFile:20)
	at com.sendbird.calls.internal.client.EventReceiver.onPushCommandReceived$calls_release(SourceFile:24)
	at com.sendbird.calls.internal.client.CommandRouter$route$1.run(SourceFile:191)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)

Hi @Rahul_1 , could you please share the code snippet where the error occurs?

Hello,
I suspect it is in my FirebaseMessagingService.

@Override
public void onMessageReceived(@NonNull RemoteMessage remoteMessage) {
    if (SendBirdCall.handleFirebaseMessageData(remoteMessage.getData())) {
    } else {
     }
}

Thank you

Hi @Rahul_1 , thank you for your report.
Can you provide me the SDK version and a log message when you receives a remote message by adding following single line in onMessageReceived?

Log.d(TAG, "onMessageReceived(remoteMessage: " + remoteMessage.getData() + ")");

SDK version - 1.8.0

{sendbird_call={"user_id":"0402","push_sound":"default","is_voip":true,"push_alert":"Incoming call from AC Test","command":{"sequence_number":0,"payload":{"turn_credential":{"password":"5Icx3ay3CWiDMkeyD8XLspCvGg8=","transport_policy":"all","turn_urls":["turn:turn-3-1-72-119-ap-5.calls.sendbird.com:5349","turn:turn-13-213-13-175-ap-5.calls.sendbird.com:5349"],"username":"1636006545:F60026E0-E04A-4CCA-A7CA-4E2279142D85-MDQwMg=="},"caller":{"metadata":{},"is_active":true,"role":"dc_caller","profile_url":"","user_id":"ac-test01","nickname":"AC Test"},"capabilities":[],"is_video_call":false,"sbcall_short_lived_token":"eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhIjoiOEUxNUQxODgtQTc2QS00Mjc4LTg0REMtRUVDQUY3MjMyMzA3IiwidSI6IjA0MDIiLCJ2IjoxLCJleHAiOjE2MzU5MjAyMDV9.dma4omSQyFCEnU0f4O06eyV0eqIqMqcsZGMK27tVxQY","callee":{"metadata":{},"is_active":true,"role":"dc_callee","profile_url":"","user_id":"0402","nickname":"User-0402"},"constraints":{"audio":true,"video":true},"custom_items":{},"call_id":"F60026E0-E04A-4CCA-A7CA-4E2279142D85"},"delivery_info":{"type":"push"},"message_id":"6c53e2c8-bf67-4a1a-a163-1c616d517e74","cmd":"CALL","type":"dial","call_type":"direct_call","version":1},"receiver_type":"user"}, message=Incoming call from AC Test})

Did crash happened again when you captured above log?

Yes. The crash occurred again.

Thank you for confirming. Let me test it with your payload and get back to you soon.

1 Like

Hi @Rahul_1 ,
Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the crash with your information.
Can you provide me some more your project’s environment?