Can the highlighted user's nickname background color be changed

highlighted user’s nickname appears. The nickname is highlighted only in messages that mention the current user.
we dont need the highlifhted color on users nickname .

in Android java

Hello @Mayank_Ingle

Yes, the nickname background color can be changed in Sendbird Android UIKit. You can customize the UI components of the chat view, including the nickname background color, by modifying the corresponding layout files or styles in your app’s resources.

If you can elaborate more on your query and share some implemenation details then I can take a look and assist you accordingly.

ChannelFragment channelFragment = (new ChannelFragment.Builder(channelUrl,R.style.Widget_Material3_ActionBar_Solid))
.setUseHeader(true)
.setUseTypingIndicator(true)
.setUseHeaderLeftButton(true)
.setUseHeaderRightButton(true)
.setMentionUIConfig(configSentFromMe,configSentFromOthers)
.setNicknameTextUIConfig(configSentFromOthers)
/* .setMessageTextUIConfig(myMessageUIConfig, otherMessageUIConfig)*/
.setOnHeaderRightButtonClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
@Override
public void onClick(View view) {
settingFragment();
}
})
.build();
return channelFragment;

Hi @Mayank_Ingle

The code snippet you provided is for creating a ChannelFragment in the Sendbird UIKit for Android. It sets various configurations for the fragment, including the mention UI configuration and the nickname text UI configuration.

To remove the highlighted color on the user’s nickname, you can modify the setNicknameTextUIConfig method. Instead of passing the configSentFromOthers object, you can create a new NicknameTextUIConfig object without any highlighting styles and pass it to the method.

Here’s an example of how you can modify the code:

.setNicknameTextUIConfig(new NicknameTextUIConfig.Builder()
    .setHighlightTextColor(Color.TRANSPARENT) // Set the highlight text color to transparent
    .build())

By setting the highlight text color to transparent, the user’s nickname will not be highlighted in the messages.

Let me know if this helps.

can u provide my NicknameTextUIConfig class