Customizing user select component when creating new channel

Hey devs, might be a silly question, but I couldn’t find anything related to this in docs.
Is there a way to customise or modify html of user selection in Select Users component of the Channel, on new channel creation? I basically need to selection to be constrained to 1 user, and thought that instead of checkboxes, I could have a radio buttons in there.

I’m using React UIKit version 2.5.2, as npm package. Any ideas, suggestions are very welcomed.

Hey @robert.jezyk,

Welcome to the Sendbird Community. My apologies on our delayed response. Currently, there is no way to alter the behavior of the user selection. As a result, there would be no way to limit the selection to a singular user. I’ll happily file a feature request for you to incorporate this behavior but I won’t be able to provide any kind of ETA on whether this may get added.

Hi Tayler,

Thanks for response. Is there another way of achieving this (1 to 1 messaging, where sender is chosen from the pool of users) functionality?

PS. If you can request this feature request, this would be a good addition to the otherwise very versatile service.

Regards

Robert Jezyk

Using the UIKit, I don’t believe there is any way outside of building out your own channelList view component from scratch. You could utilize the open source UIKit and alter the behavior you want.