Default UI kit only shows 30 messages by default

[Problem/Question]
Is there a way to get this to show more, or to automatically pull 30 more messages once they hit the top? This does not seem to be the default behavior and I don’t see this mentioned anywhere in the UIKit docs (maybe I missed it?)

Do I have to manually build this functionality with the SDK?

// If problem, please fill out the below. If question, please delete.
[UIKit Version]
@sendbird/uikit-react”:
“version”: “3.4.7”

[Current impact]
Annoying to users to not see their history.

I don’t see anything in the group channel module params. I do see hasMorePrev etc in the channelContext but would rather not have to pipe data around if I don’t have to.

Hello @Dan_Palumbo

Welcome to Sendbird community!

I believe you can use the loadPreviousMessages(byLimit:completionHandler:) method to load more messages when the user reaches the top of the chat view. This method allows you to specify the number of messages to load and provides a completion handler to handle the loaded messages.

You can also use the delegate method didScroll(toTop:) to detect when the user has scrolled to the top of the chat view and trigger the loading of more messages.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks for the response! To clarify, this is the react UI kit. Do you have links to the relevant docs that explain how to use those methods in the react UI kit specifically?