Generating invite links for chat groups in Sendbird UIKit for React

Hello everyone,

I hope you’re doing well. I have been using Sendbird UIKit for React in my project and I’m curious about a specific feature. I would like to know if there is an option in the Sendbird UIKit for React library to generate invite links for chat groups.

As of my knowledge this feature is not available in the library. However, I understand that software libraries evolve over time, and new features may have been added. I would appreciate it if someone could provide me with information about the current capabilities of Sendbird UIKit for React in generating invite links for chat groups.

If this feature is available, it would be helpful to know how I can implement it in my application. If not, I would appreciate any suggestions or alternative approaches to achieve this functionality.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. I’m looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
DikkiX

Hello @DikkiX ,

To generate invite links for chat groups in Sendbird UIKit for React, you can use the createChannelInvite method provided by the Sendbird UIKit SDK. Here’s an example of how you can generate an invite link:

1. Import the necessary modules:
    import { createChannelInvite } from ‘sendbird-uikit’;

2. Use the createChannelInvite method to generate the invite link:
    const inviteLink = createChannelInvite(channelUrl);

Replace channelUrl with the URL of the chat group you want to generate the invite link for.

1. You can then use the inviteLink to share with others, allowing them to join the chat group. Please note that the createChannelInvite method is available in the Sendbird UIKit SDK for React. Make sure you have the latest version of the SDK installed in your project. For more information, you can refer to the Sendbird UIKit documentation for React.

Let me know if you have any query.