SBSMChannelCollectionDelegate when receiving a new message triggers twice the .update event

Would you please download the sample with latest version? So I guess its not the problem with markAsRead one but the bug that I fixed previously. When sendbird server sends a read (receive markAsRead from A and sends update read receipt to B) command to the other end, SendBirdSDK has the bug that reset the unread count locally and pass the channel to didUpdateReadReceipt:

1 Like

I did download the latest one from the Master branch, which seems updated by you yesterday.

and yes, it seems to be the same issue that you fixed previously

So latest sample is not working due to message.requestState() ? did you do pod update do get latest SendBirdSDK? because requestStatus() was typo and I fixed it on latest version.

1 Like

I was able to get the latest sample and get it working with a pod update, I’m not able to install the sample project on the devices experiencing the issue since I do not have access to them, on those devices, behavior seems to be the same one as the one you previously fixed(they have an updated adhoc build with the latest SDK), but it comes and goes, so it improved a bit but it’s still there.

“I’m not able to install the sample project on the devices experiencing the issue since I do not have access to them” << what do you mean by you do not have access to them?

I think you need to install sample on devices and see if the issue still happens first since I do not have any issue with it. There are some cases SDK locally erase unreadMessageCount of channel when – user does markAsRead or leave the channel or hide the channel or user get banned. And like I said earlier, your case is most likely due to markAsRead which I fixed. If this issue still happens on the sample, let me know