Assistance Needed with Duplicated Letters typing in Group Channel | Android | iOS

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding a issue that I have encountered while using the Group Channel feature.

I have noticed that whenever I type a message in the Group Channel, some of the letters are being duplicated. This issue persists consistently and is not limited to any specific device or platform. It affects the readability and clarity of the messages, making communication challenging for both me and other group members.

I have attempted various troubleshooting steps, such as restarting the application and ensuring that my device’s software is up to date, but the problem persists. Therefore, I kindly request your help in resolving this bug and restoring the normal functionality of the Group Channel.

@sendbird/chat”: “^4.9.3”,
@sendbird/uikit-react-native”: “^3.0.1”,

Video:

Hello @paul12p

Welcome to the Sendbird community!

I just tried testing this using our latest UIKit React native sample application but was unable to reproduce the issue.

Sample Application: GitHub - sendbird/sendbird-uikit-react-native: Build chat in minutes with Sendbird UIKit open source code.

I would kindly request you to test the same using our latest sample application and share your observations.

Here the solution:
I have

"react": "18.1.0",
"react-native": "0.70.1",

I just applied a patch to react native textInput, and now it works fine.