Audio Messages - Have I missed something?

So I paid to install Sendbird because we looked at others but they didn’t have Audio Message out of the box…the Sendbird website clearly states “audio messages” as a feature. However my dev says its not there, its difficult to install something custom and help here seems to indicate the same.

Have I missed something? Or is there pretty shifty advertising going on?

Hi @FrustratedBird,

I was able to locate the snippet you found about audio messages, and I believe there is some confusion. We allow you to send audio files back and forth between users. However, the audio files must already exist on the device to send.

One of our Solutions Engineers created a demo of how you could implement recording and sending voice messages yourself in Vanilla JS. That example can be found here: GitHub - warodri-sendbird/voice-messages-js: Send voice messages with Sendbird

Additionally, we plan to properly support voice messages that are recorded in the UIKit in Q3.

Thanks,
Tyler

Hi Tyler

Thanks for your reply.

It’s quite misleading…you’ve separated the Audio Messages advertisement from the rest of the sending other file types advertisement, which implies you have separate functionality for this like WhatsApp and not that it has to be sent as a file.

Q3 is a long way away and we switched to you from another provider who offered a free tier because we wanted this functionality from the start, so, not a great start.

I hope there is something you can do for us to help for this miscommunication.

Thank you

Hi @FrustratedBird,

I can definitely understand the confusion here. I’ll reach out to our Marketing team to bring this feedback to their attention.

Thanks,
Tyler