Can we listen status when call like "Calling" or "Ringing"

We are integrating video calls in our app. Video call is working fine although sometimes when user first open app and do video call, other user not triggered to open custom video call activity. and the user who triggered call, waiting for nothing.

Based on that issue we want to have feature like in Whatsapp. which is showing status “Calling” and “Ringing” when user do a call or video call. so user can knowing about the state user he calling, “Ringing” meaning other user already receive the video call request successfuly and just waiting to pick up and “Calling” meaning other user not yet received the video call request maybe connection issue or etc and user who triggered call can try again to video call to other user.

We wonder is sendbird call sdk have feature like that? if no, maybe sendbird team can suggest what the best way to achieve this requirement?

we using sendbird-calls:1.8.0 and sendbird-android-sdk:3.0.170

Thank you

Hello Dimaz_Faizin:

Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

when user first open app and do video call, other user not triggered to open custom video call activity. and the user who triggered call, waiting for nothing.

It seems like it could be an issue with push notifications. Could you please try to replicate the issue using the Sendbird Calls quickstart application?

This will help us diagnose if it is an issue on the implementation side or the SDK side.

Yes we already suspect about push notification issue, and for now we already on testing with new release included that fix,

but i’m not focusing on that issue in this thread, i’m focusing on is sendbird have listener for “Calling” or “Ringing”?

Hi @kckern do you have any answer about my question?

Hi, if I understand your request, you want to be able to know if the party you are trying to call has already started dialing? Is this correct?

We have two types of listeners: device-specific and call-specific:

Where would you expect such a new listener to exist?

i think that listener only can triggered after other user accepted the call. what i try to reach is, we want to know is the user we calling is already open the custom video call or not