Could we get channel metadata alongside with channelList?

I checked our api of myGroupChannel list and channel metadata, i dont know why channel metadata not return along with channel list?

Is channel metadata just for filter channelList?

Is there any chance to include channel metadata within channel response?

Hope to get your reply, thks!

1 Like

Hi @Lei_Miao

Great question. As you have found the channel metadata is not included when calling for a list of channels. In some part this is for performance reasons, and also the order of development. I will our engineering team regarding the possibility of including the channel metadata when querying for channels.

1 Like

Awesome, including channel metadata would help a lot for us using sendbird more smoothly.
Looking forward it can be sorted quickly!

Hi @Jason, is there any plan date to release add channel metadata into channel list?

If it would happened in the near future, we can use these channel metadatas to do some customizationes for channel list directly without additional channel metadata request one by one.

Thanks again!

Hi @Lei_Miao

Looking out the working progress for and include meta_data parameter, I would suggest it might be released within two or three weeks from now.

Wow, pretty cool!!! looking forward to use this feature soon!

@Jason Hi, is this feature released?

Hi @Jason I just looked at the documentation but there doesn’t seem to be an update on this.
Alternatively we could request the channel metadata for each channel within the list, however that might then be a performance issue on the client’s end.

Any update on this being available ?

Thanks heaps

Mario

@Mario_Herrmann

Hi there.

I see all of the SDK releases are in progress with the target of being released at the end of October. I’m sorry for the delay. The progress is taking longer than expected. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi @Jason, i ran into the same problem in iOS SDK, but got a different response.

what’s the difference between Java Script SDK and iOS SDK?

is this released now? If so, can you please provide a link to the documentation.

2 Likes

Hi @Jason any updates on this?

@Lei_Miao Hi there.

Yes, I think so. Please update to the latest SDK version for your platform.
For you channelListQuery please set the .includeMetaData property as true.

@Jason Cool, i just check includeMetaData is available in ios sdk: sendbird-ios-framework/CHANGELOG.md at 49b04708117d61508b4245f0ed791ebed8d2124e · sendbird/sendbird-ios-framework · GitHub

But seems not available in uikit-js and Android sdk?

@Lei_Miao Hi there.

Please check out the latest Android SDK release. .includeMetaData went out yesterday. I’m not sure about the UI Kit.

@Jason Thanks for your reply
sorry, UIKIT should be sendbird-sdk-js, will it include this change soon?

@Jason Any news here for JS SDK?

@yuf Hi there.

Yes you can include channel metadata. Look for includeMetaData filter in the GroupChannelListQuery - Documentation constructor.

@Jason thanks, i found include_sorted_metaarray_in_last_message and include_metadata are both working in GroupChannelListQuery.

But these params are not available in SendBird-UIKIT-JavaScript/index.d.ts at 2efce8f6d67a5a9f69742b7c5f3145e7a391290b · sendbird/SendBird-UIKIT-JavaScript · GitHub
is there any plan add them to uikit?