Error in Android Gradle Plugin 4.1.1

This error occurs in ‘com.android.tools.build:gradle:4.1.1’. Android UIKit only runs in 3.5.0. Please check the library in higher than 3.5.0 of Android Gradle Plugin version.

build error

/Users/brownsoo/.gradle/caches/transforms-2/files-2.1/8d361d960efcb8909bbba8e5892fedb5/uikit-2.0.0/res/values/values.xml:2077:5-2089:13: AAPT: error: expected reference but got (raw string) .

env

Android Studio 4.1.1
Build #AI-201.8743.12.41.6953283, built on November 5, 2020
Runtime version: 1.8.0_242-release-1644-b3-6915495 x86_64
VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
macOS 10.16
GC: ParNew, ConcurrentMarkSweep
Memory: 2988M
Cores: 12
Registry: ide.new.welcome.screen.force=true, external.system.auto.import.disabled=true
Non-Bundled Plugins: com.thoughtworks.gauge, org.intellij.plugins.markdown, com.intellij.marketplace, org.jetbrains.kotlin, Dart, io.flutter

Hi @brownsoo ,
I am checking this issue. We’ll review and tell you how to fix it.

@brownsoo
Thank you for your report. It will be improved in version 2.0.1. It will be released by next week. If we release it, I will leave a reply!

Thanks for fast action!!
I am waiting…

@brownsoo We released V2.0.1.
Please update UIKit.

I applied but there are 2 binding errors. If you want to see our project, I can send you the sources for debugging.

Found 2 data binding error(s)
==================================================
Cannot find a setter for <androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatImageView bind:draw_user_profile> that accepts parameter type 'com.sendbird.android.BaseMessage'

If a binding adapter provides the setter, check that the adapter is annotated correctly and that the parameter type matches.

==================================================
Cannot find a setter for <androidx.appcompat.widget.AppCompatTextView bind:draw_message> that accepts parameter type 'com.sendbird.android.BaseMessage'

If a binding adapter provides the setter, check that the adapter is annotated correctly and that the parameter type matches.

@brownsoo
Did you implement your custom message type?!
We have a break change for the message binding ways in V2.x.x.

Could you try to execute our UIKit sample?!

Yes I uses custom message channel list adapter. I know that reason. I added the binding adapters in my app module, and than these are resolved. I am mistake.

thank you.

I just upgraded UIKit sample but that is not works. There are also need the binding adapters in sample app module. You can see the trial.
forked UIKit sample

1 Like

We will update our custom sample! Thank you!

1 Like

I also had this issue, but with Gradle Plugin 4.12. Updating to UIKit 2.0.2 solved the issue - thanks.

Suggestion: it would save devs a lot of sweat if you update the installation guide to suggest the latest release of your library here : https://sendbird.com/docs/uikit/v1/android/getting-started/install-uikit#2-install-using-gradle

1 Like