Getting Channel not found Exception (error code = 400201)

Hello, Sendbird community I am getting the Exception, On calling the GroupChannel.class > public static void getChannel(String channelUrl, GroupChannel.GroupChannelGetHandler handler){} method. Please check the below mentioned details.

sendBirdException = {SendBirdException@18007} 
code = 400201
backtrace = null
cause = {SendBirdException@18007} 
code = 400201
backtrace = null
cause = {SendBirdException@18007} 
detailMessage = ""Channel" not found."

Let us know the the reason why the exception can happen & what is the solution to fix that issue?

Also please let us in case if chat SDK is throwing exception, Is it captured anywhere for the particular user or the group channel. So that we can retrieve the logs & analyze it?

Hello! Check please that this channel URL exists and signed user is part of the channel.

@walter.rodriguez Thank you for responding back. I am trying to check the channel is exists or not using channel URL. I am getting error code 400201.

As per the Error codes | Chat Android SDK | Sendbird Docs this 400201 (bad request) ** RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND** The resource identified with the request’s resourceId parameter cannot be found.

Can you please elaborate more why & when that error can happen?

Also please let us in case if chat SDK is throwing exception, Is it captured anywhere for the particular user or the group channel. So that we can retrieve the logs & analyze it?

Any update on the above question?

@walter.rodriguez Any update on the question posted?

Hello @Development_Account , sorry for the late response.

If you are getting error code 400201 when you call getChannel, it means the channel does not exist that matches channelUrl that you passed to the getChannel function.
There’s a possibility that channelUrl is invalid or the channel is deleted.
Please check your channelUrl is valid and your channel is still alive :pray:
You can get channel’s URL through the [sendbird dashboard](https://dashboard.sendbird.com/), it might be helpful.

And you mentioned

We are capturing exception and passing to GroupChannelHandler’s onResult. So you can retrieve the exceptions through the handler.
Or, are you getting crash due to the error you mentioned here? If so, it would be a bug… Please tell about it :pray: Thanks!

@Jerry_Jeon Thanks for reverting back. We need to check the old logs, Is it available in the dashboard or captured & stored in the crashlytics?

@Development_Account Oh, I think I finally understood the question. Unfortunately, we don’t save exception logs automatically. So if you didn’t add code to save the logs, there’s no way to track it. If you want to do it, you should save an exception to somewhere like Crashlytics.
FYI, If you get the exception in Handler’s callback, it’s not a crash and just SDK is telling users what error occurred.