Is it possible to use the user Access-Token or Session Token to authenticate to the platform API?

Hello folks,
is it possible to use the user Access-Token or Session Token to authenticate to the platform API? For example, if I want to send a message using the /open_channels/{channel_url}/messages endpoint, can I use an Access token or Session Token to grant permission to that endpoint?

Hey @rodolfo-sevilhano,

Can I ask more about the use-case?

In general authenticating for the Platform API is done via the Header master api token, or more preferably secondary api token(Which are issued from the master api token).

Let’s suppose that I want to create a client app in a platform for which does not exist an SDK. For example, a client desktop app written in Delphi. In this case, I have to use the Platform API to communicate with Sendbird. But I don’t want to deploy my master token nor a secondary token in the client app. How can I use the Access token or a Session token to communicate trough the Platform API?

Maybe you can try this guide for Delphi.

Platform API with Delphi [External].pdf (477.1 KB)

Remember that the token Alex Preston mentions can be regenerated.

From your dashboard you can also filter where calls are executed so they will work where you want to.

1 Like