Message sent via API appears as "unread"

We have a service that sends automated messages to group channels via API, as a default user, and with the “mark_as_read” = “true”, but in the JS Chat SDK these messages appear in the “unread_messages” filter (“channelListQuery” - “unreadChannelFilter”) and I can’t understand why

Hi @Nuno_Campos,

Can you confirm what type of message you’re sending? Is it an ADMM or a MESG? Additionally, are you seeing the unread count on the recipient?

Hello @Tyler,
It’s type “MESG” and the unread count doesn’t appear for these messages.

(Btw, I’m viewing the page as the “default user”, the same user used to send the message via API.
For the other users in the group It’s fine)

@Nuno_Campos,

Just to ensure I’m on the same page, is. the message appearing in the filter for the default user or for the recipient?

I’m viewing the page as the “default user”, the same user used to send the message via API

Would you mind DMing me just a quick example cURL request you’re making as well as how you’re checking? I want to reproduce this so I can investigate more thoroughly.

sure, will do that, thanks

Hi Tyler, did you had the oportunity to check the code?
thanks

Hi again @Tyler,
I’m sorry, I tried different approaches but still can’t figure it out why this happens… I think this could be an issue in your end. If you could spend a couple of minutes checking this problem we will be really appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @Nuno_Campos,

My apologies. Let me try and look at this today for you.

1 Like