Hello, community. I am new here with a few questions about react UIKit.
- How can I use this API to enable uses on my platform to voice call, video call and chat with each other, whether 1-1 or group?
- Are all communications encrypted?
- How to customize the chat UI?
- How to create chat sessions between users from my app database, without having them in Sendbird dashboard?
Welcome to the Sendbird Community.
- Currently, the UIKit does not support calls. Now, the UIKit is open sourced so you could customize it to support calls however it would not be something Sendbird would support outside of the core SDK functionality.
- Communications are encrypted with HTTPS/WSS for Chat. For Calls, given that SendBird Calls implements WebRTC, it uses Datagram Transport Layer Security over Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (DTLS-SRTP) to relay media. Since the media packets are encrypted between clients, not even the relay server can decrypt the media packet throughput.
- This is a bit of a broad topic. You would need to be more specific about what aspects, and what languages/platforms you’re using.
- You would need to use the Platform API to achieve this. Overview | Chat Platform API | Chat Platform API | Sendbird Docs