Replay in thread - message not found

[Problem/Question]
Hi,

when I try to use reply in thread I am passing message that I am replying to to ThreadProvider, then UI kit do a request (getReply) and in query path messageId is 0. Then API return Message not found error.

Actual message ID passed to provider is definitely not 0. When I use CURL for same request but with proper parent message id api returns correct data.

https://api-{APP_ID}sendbird.com/v3/group_channels/{channelUrl}/messages/0?is_sdk=true&with_sorted_meta_array=true&include_reactions=true&include_thread_info=true&include_parent_message_info=true&include_poll_details=true

Message I am passing to ThreadProvider:

Seems like bug to me, or am I missing something?

EDIT: it seems like messageId used in request is not acual id of message I am passing to ThreadProvider but its parentMessageId.

I manually changed parentMessageId from 0 to passed messageId, request is returning some data, but Thread component still displaying Something Went Wrong.

RESPONSE:

[UIKit Version]
@sendbird/chat”: “4.3.0”,
@sendbird/uikit-react”: “3.3.5”,
“react: 18.1.0”

[Reproduction Steps]
// Please provide reproduction steps and, if possible, code snippets.

[Frequency]
Always.

[Current impact]
Not able to use Threading.

Hello @Filip_Burian,

Welcome to the Sendbird Community.

I was able to reproduce this issue and have identified the cause. I’m working on a fix and will let you know when it’s released.

Thanks! Looking forward!

Hey @Filip_Burian,

We’re looking to have this fix in the next release of the React UIKit. I’ll keep you updated.

Thank you @Tyler! :ok_hand:

Looks like the fix was included in Release [v3.4.4] (Mar 31 2023) · sendbird/sendbird-uikit-react · GitHub

Thanks guys! I’ll let you know how it works as soon as I /uncomment my code