[UIKIT JS React] When loading a channel with isSuper = true, reaction emoji's are disabled

Hello,

The title pretty much covers it. Why are reaction emoji’s in the UIKit not available for Super groupchannels, while the ‘support table’ clearly mentions reactions as supported for Super groupchannels?

If they are not supported out of the box, what would be the easiest way to have emotion reactions in the Supergroup channels, just like in the non Super Group channels?

Hi @vibonacci,

I will try to recreate the issue and investigate further. Meanwhile if you have any other questions pelase let us know.

Best,
Dhaval.

@Dhaval_Patel
If you look into the WebUIKit React source, in this file of the Conversation component on line 129, having the channel being isSuper = true, is disabling the emoji reaction functionality within the UIKit.

The core SDK API fully supports the reactions though, whether they’re super channels or not, as long as they’re ‘group channels’. If you add a reaction to a message in a super channel, it will be added on the backend side. It’s just the UIKit ignoring them.

Hi @vibonacci,

I apologize for the delayed reply. We did an investigation on our side and were able to confirm that the message reactions for the supergroup are currently not supported with UIKit. I have notified our Engineering team regarding this and put in a request to add message reactions to the super-channel with UIKit. I will keep you updated on the progress. Meanwhile, You can add custom reactions using this example for supergroup with UIKit.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Dhaval.

1 Like

Hi @Dhaval_Patel,

I am facing the same issue and wanted to try to use the custom reaction solution that you linked to above, but it looks like that link has become outdated. Do you know where I can find that example currently?

Best,
Rob