Sendbird.min.js server responded with an error 404

We are using Javascript SDK in order to integrate the Sendbird into our live application

I am unable to load the Sendbird.min.js on live server. Is there any fix for this?

Even on the local server it doesnt load.

Hello @Ananya_Sharma, and welcome to the Sendbird Community!

Could you please provide the section of your code where you load the resource to help identify what’s going on?

Thanks for the reply.

Here are the code segments where we load the resource.

and here is the second section since free users arent allowed to upload more than 1 image. That’s annoying

@Ananya_Sharma,

Just to confirm, you’ve downloaded the minified JS SDK and placed it in your static folder? That’s where you’re loading the script from?

yes we are Tyler. That is where the error is coming from. I tried 3-5 version of the .js file but I am getting the same error. Hope you could help us with that.

Also some tutorials which i followed has either the SendBirdCall.min.js or SendBird.min.js. That’s very confusing which script to load.

Hi @Ananya_Sharma,

SendBirdCall.min.js and SendBird.min.js are for two different products of ours. The first is for our Calls product, and the latter is for Chat. Which one you use depends on which product you’re attempting to utilize.

That being said, it looks like the HTML file isn’t able to locate the script file you’ve placed, thus the 404. Just to rule it out, could you try loading the Chat SDK using the following:

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/sendbird/3.1.13/SendBird.min.js" integrity="sha512-hJ5P17mCYfMpUTUa1C201mgR0tjVdoCBH6GwrM2nIZVmDS0c4QBKXeRNCLi91O6cUbFDKJNkv1jkjvAznhTEGQ==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer"></script>

This is the Sendbird.min.js file hosted on cdnjs which would allow us to rule out the file location.

I tried the code, the error is ruled out. Do you think if I integrate the javascript SDK found here:
GitHub - sendbird/quickstart-calls-javascript: Sendbird Calls for JavaScript sample, guiding you to bulid a real-time voice and video calls quickly and easily. would help me running the server?

I’m not sure I fully understand your comment, and question. Are you saying, using the above script tag fixed the error for you or you still get the 404?

Also, linked repository is outdated and no longer maintained.

I am sorry. So the error is ruled out with the CDN. Thank you for that. But then that’s the only documentation I have found which can help us running the integration.

We would need an updated version of the javascript SDK

@Ananya_Sharma,

Have you checked out our documentation site? Send your first message | Chat JavaScript SDK | Sendbird Docs

yes i did but they werent of much help.

Hello Tyler, wanted to know if there is any updated document for the integration?

Hi @Ananya_Sharma,

Looking over it, I’m not entirely sure what you’re looking for. It appears you’re utilizing the JavaScript SDK but say the JavaScript Documents are not helpful.

Could you expand on what specifically you’re looking for?

Yes we are utilizing the SDK and have created an app on the local, that version works fine and we could send/receive calls.

I wanted to know if we could utilize that doc(github repo) in order to merge that app into our own system. I ask this because the steps from the repo and the docs are entirely different.

Because here is the tech stack

FrontEnd - HTML/CSS?JS
Backend - Python

I think its hard to provide you with exactly what you want. The docs talk about how to utilize the Javascript SDK, and what tech stack you utilize that in is up to you. There is no reason you coudln’t use the repo as long as you understand that the repo is out dated and no longer maintained and may not be how the SDK actually works in recent versions.

I see. Thank you Tyler. Could you send the tutorial once again?

Tyler could you also send the SendBird call tutorial? and not the chat.

Thanks

Could you please suggest any alternate method to import SendBirdCall?

I am attaching the code below

Sendbird Calls
Connect to Sendbird Calls
Connect
type or paste code here
<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8" />
  <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
  <title>Sendbird Calls</title>
  <!-- Include library -->
  <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/sendbird/3.1.13/SendBird.min.js" integrity="sha512-hJ5P17mCYfMpUTUa1C201mgR0tjVdoCBH6GwrM2nIZVmDS0c4QBKXeRNCLi91O6cUbFDKJNkv1jkjvAznhTEGQ==" crossorigin="anonymous" referrerpolicy="no-referrer"></script>
	<link
    href="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/bootstrap@5.0.0-beta3/dist/css/bootstrap.min.css"
    rel="stylesheet"
  />
</head>
<body>
  <!-- Content here -->
  <div class="container">
   <!-- Connect to Sendbird Calls -->
   <div class="card mt-4" style="width:16rem;" id="connectCard">
       <div class="card-header">
           Connect to Sendbird Calls
       </div>
       <div class="card-body">