Can I get fcm/apns data notification when user turned off notification?

[Problem/Question]
hello. I am developing a chat app with flutter sdk. Is it possible to receive data messages from fcm/apns for badge update while the user has notification turned off?
The problem we are facing is that if the user sets the PushTriggerOption to off, the badge is not updated because the push itself is not received. We only turn off the notification of a specific group channel, but even in this situation, we want the badge count to be continuously updated. (Even in terminated state)

Hello @buildupteam

Welcome to the Sendbird community!

Unfortunately, if the user has turned off push notifications for your app, it is not possible to receive data messages from FCM/APNS for badge updates. This is because data messages are also considered to push notifications and will not be delivered if the user has turned off push notifications for your app.

One possible solution could be to use a local notification system within your app to update the badge count even if push notifications are turned off. However, this would require additional development work on your part.

Let me know if this helps in clarifying a few things here.