Channel is deleted after removing all users

Hi,
I’m facing this issue using the Sendbird API. When I remove all users from a group channel, the channel is deleted automatically. Is this a bug or something that can be configured?

@rodolfo-sevilhano,

This is expected behavior. The default behavior is that when all users leave a group channel, the channel is deleted. This can be altered to leave the channel empty but will require you to submit a case to the Support team to have that change made.

Thanks,
Tyler

1 Like

@Tyler

Will the removal of a group channel due to all members leaving the channel trigger a group_channel:remove webhook?

I also noticed that if:

1. A user is the only member in a group channel,
  2. That user is deactivated by setting is_active to false, and
  3. leave_all_when_deactivated is set to true,
    …the group channel is not deleted and the number of members in the channel just changes from 1/100 to 0/100.

Is this the expected behavior as it differs from manually making all members leave a group channel?

@Tyler is this specific for the channel type? Or any group will be deleted when all users leave a channel?

Hi @Anique_Sabir ,

Any group channel will behave this way. If this is an undesirable behavior, DM me your application ID and I can disable this for you.

I do not need to diable this. Thankyou I got your point

Hi @Tyler,
It would be nice to have an API for that. I would like to keep a group channel from being deleted after the last user leaves. Is it still the case that I have to ask the support for this feature? Btw, is this behavior documented somewhere? I can’t find any information regarding it.
Thanks.

I agree that this setting would be nice to have as a request parameter in the Group Channel API and should be documented - I spent a few hours being puzzled about a channel disappearing.