Keep empty group channels

Hi,
I would like to archive and close a group channel after a specified period of time. I found out that if all users leave the channel, it is removed by Sendbird, which is a problem for me. I have read this topic.
I would like to know if there is already an API that allows me to change this behavior, i.e., to keep a group channel from being removed after all users have left? Or do I have to ask Sendbird support to fix it manually? Btw, where is this behavior documented? I could not find any mention of this feature.
What is the best way to achieve my goal?
Thank you.

Hello, @szrg Welcome to the Sendbird community!

This is expected behavior. The default behavior is that when all users leave a group channel, the channel is deleted. This can be altered to leave the channel empty but will require you to submit a case to the Support team to have that change made.

We have an internal application attribute and after disabling that attribute you should be able to keep the empty group channels.

Let me know if this helps.

@Chinmaya_Gupta thank you for the quick response. We will submit a case, but it would be much more convenient if this setting was exposed via API.