isActive attribute of message sender is not updated when the sender was deactivated

Using: Javascript SDK 3.0.134

User was deactivated using this Platform API:

PUT https://api-{application_id}.sendbird.com/v3/users/{user_id}  

is_active was set to false
leave_all_when_deactivated was set to false

User information was updated in SendBird dashboard
Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 4.37.16 PM

But when getting the user as a sender using channel.createPreviousMessageListQuery() and then using the instance’s load() method,
sender’s isActive status is still set to true.

[{"_sender": {"_preferredLanguages": null, “connectionStatus”: “nonavailable”, “friendDiscoveryKey”: null, “friendName”: null, “isActive”: true, “isBlockedByMe”: false, “lastSeenAt”: 0, “metaData”: [Object], “nickname”: “innovative_boar123”, … }]

Is this a SendBird Bug?
If no, can you see what I did wrong?
If yes, will this be fixed soon?

Also, is there an SDK API that can be used to set is_active and leave_all_when_deactivated instead of using the Platform API?

Hi @d.pailma client side sdk does not provide a method to update user information other than general profile information. If user’s active state is changed on dashboard then it might be client side bug. I will let my team know about this! Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi, I submitted this issue in SendBird Support also and they confirmed that isActive was not updated and that this is a bug. Furthermore, SB Support already confirmed by email that this issue was fixed last 11/16 in the server side, so this issue is already ok and can be closed.

Thanks anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to hear that! Let us know if you have any other questions in the future :smiley: