Possible to change content/text of sent automated (admin) messages

Under the dashboard, you can enable certain very useful automated messages. Is it possible to change the contents of the sent string?

On a side note, I notice in the docs a section for auto event messages was added. We are interested in this specific section: sending certain automated messages for specific cases where users join or leave, but the contents are not properly explained.

Last remark:

This section about handling auto event messages through Platform API is not part of the official Sendbird Postman collection

Hi @vibonacci – thank you for reaching out to Sendbird!

I’m confirming if it’s possible to customize the auto-generated messages.

For your second point about user_join, I see how this could be confusing. Basically, it means the following JSON, as you can see there are two user_join entries in the screenshot you have pasted.

{
   "user_join":{
      "user_join":false
   }
}

Thank you for brining the missing API to our attention.

Thank you for the answer.

For your second point about user_join , I see how this could be confusing. Basically, it means the following JSON, as you can see there are two user_join entries in the screenshot you have pasted.

The second point, could you elaborate a little further? What exactly can you achieve with this? How are the ‘different cases’ defined?

Technically, user_join has no different cases, it’s just about users joining the channel. Maybe it meant to say that the auto message will be sent for each occurrence of the users joining the channels. That said, it seems like it requires rewording, sorry for the confusion.

About customizing the auto-generated messages – it’s not possible out of the box. However, you can consider building your own dictionary in your implementation to convert the auto-generated admin messages to display the information you need.

1 Like

All right. Thank you for the responses.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but could you please explain how the auto-generated messages can be customized?
Can those messages be localized per individual user?