Retrieve a list of Open channels in latest last message order?

Is it possible to add latest last message order to this request?

@andrew804,

Currently we only support chronological ordering for Open Channels.

Thanks for that.

Is that chronological by date that each channel was created?

@andrew804,

Sorts by the time of channel creation in a descending order. ( most recently created channels )

@Alex_Preston Has this changed since 2020? It would be hugely helpful to my team

Hello @Chava_K, this is still the case when listing Open Channels. Open Channels are only returned in chronological order.

Is it possible that this feature might be added?

I’m monitoring chat activity and it’s difficult when I can’t easily find recent messages in existing chats, and instead need to manually browse our entire chat history. Are there any solutions to this pain point?

@Chava_K,

This is likely not something that will be added. Open channels do not have the same concept of membership that group channels do and thus its difficult for us to provide any context as to the latest last message for a user as the user isn’t permanently joined to a channel in the same way they are a group channel.

@Tyler Can this be done for Group channels?

Yes, group channels can be sorted by latest_last_message by using the order property in your query.

@Tyler can you clarify how to do that? All our chats exist as group channels, and in my sendbird account, when I go to the moderation section, I see a “last message on” column but no way to sort it

@Tyler @Ian Hello! Wondering if there’s been any updates in regards to the last response? My team needs to be able to sort the group channels in the moderation dashboard by last message or somehow see which channels just had activity.

Hello @Ashley_Smith,

The Sendbird Dashboard has a column called Last message on that allows your moderators to see when the last message was sent to the group channel. But it is not possible to sort the channel list in the Dashboard based on this column. You can also set the view to Channels with messages only to hide empty channels from the view.