Stripe implementation

Hi, all.

We’re new to Sendbird and hope the community can help us better understand how best to set it up.

If we’ve already got a Stripe ecosystem built that allows Buyers to buying art from Illustrators from around the world, and that ecosystem allows illustrators to withdrawing verified earnings, how might we integrate that with Sendbird?

Hi Danzig,

Implementing strip could be done in a few ways. I’m not super familiar with what Stripe’s API has to offer, but you could integrate strip into chat, dependent on your use case. Ultimately how you do this is up to you, but you could send specific data in messages and render that data as a stripe message on your front end. I’m sorry I can’t give you more explicit examples. I believe one of my colleagues has a proof of concept for something similar. I’ll see if I can track that down.

Thank you, Tyler.

Just making sure: I’ve seen a few marketing videos that feature a payment component in chat. Is that a default Sendbird component or a one off solution like you describe above?

Its definitely not something we provide out of the box. You can absolutely implement something like that in conjunction with Sendbird chat, its not something we inherently provide.

Hi @Danzig ,

We are going to implement the exact same feature into one of our apps. If you found a solution to customise the chat message to support Stripe integration, can you please share your experience with us? That will save us a lot of time in implementation.

Thank you so much in advance!

@Tyler I’m wondering, how can we send the data in the messages ? Do you mean, we need to send JSON as a string ?

Hi @Mohan_Reddy_Suggu,

You can utilize the data field on a message to send a ton of extra data that your client can utilize for a variety of reasons. You’ll want to stringify the JSON object before you send it.

Understood. Thank you for your help @Tyler