Trouble with selecting users when creating a new channel

sendbird-uikit: 2.1.0
Problem occurs in both Chrome and Firefox

The SendBird chat is setup with App from sendbird-uikit to which I pass appId , userId and userListQuery . I’m using the same code shown in the documentation. I get the users from the SendBird API and they show up as expected. Upon clicking the checkbox next to any of the users in the list it behaves as if I am clicking only on the first user. Link to demo In the console a warning is showing saying Each child in a list should have a unique “key” prop. Check the render method of InviteMembers

Any ideas how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

Hi @Jurtomaj,

It looks like your demo link isn’t working for me. Could you take a look at that so I can see what the problem is? If you could recreate this in something like codesandbox.io that would be even better.

I am having this exact same issue.
react_devtools_backend.js:4012 Warning: Each child in a list should have a unique "key" prop. Check the render method of InviteUsers...

When I select a user I get
Warning: A component is changing an uncontrolled input to be controlled. This is likely caused by the value changing from undefined to a defined value, which should not happen. Decide between using a controlled or uncontrolled input element for the lifetime of the component....

When clicking “create” the channel is created with no one in the channel (Well 1, just myself).
When looking at the backend the channel is actually created and I am the only user.

I am using
`const getCustomUserList = () => ({
next: () => {
const res = getUserList(chatUsers);
console.log(res);
return res;
},
});

if (!userId) return

Chat failed to load. Please try again later.
;

return (
<SendbirdApp
appId={SENDBIRD_APP_ID}
userId={userId.toString()}
colorSet={sendBirdColorSet}
userListQuery={getCustomUserList}
config={{ logLevel: [‘all’] }}
/>
);`

Where ‘getUserList’ is an API call. It is successful and returns the users I expect. There is part of me that thinks this is better suited pulling from a state object. I see in the SDK that you can pass in a callback, but there isn’t an definition of what this callback should do. My callback simply returns the found users. If this needs to save to state, I am not finding any docs around what state object it needs to save to.

When I remove the ‘userListQuery’ from being used, I get all the users (which is not what is wanted) but the channel create is successful with the selected users

Also, when using userListQuery, everyone shows up with (You) next to the name. I am making the assumption that the issue with the unique key error has to do with the this as well; and most likely the reason why only I show up in the channel because every user rendered or selected has the current user ID instead of the selected user ID.

It is aligning every user as the current user therefore has set the key and its subsequent value to the current user id instead of the unique user id.

React SPA
using “@sendbird/uikit-react”: “^3.3.2”,
OS shouldn’t matter with this error but it is Mac Ventura 13.0.1
Happens in Chrome, Firefox, Safari - haven’t tried windows yet but this is not a browser issue but a render issue both on item render and form controls.

I see this conversation is more than a year old. Was there any resolution to this? How can I get this resolved. It is the last thing in the way of use.

Thanks in advance!