We're excited to launch Announcements

We’re excited to announce the launch of Announcements for Sendbird Chat - a new engagement channel in the Sendbird Chat platform.

With Announcements, modern brands and marketers can reach customers by sending relevant and memorable messages to their existing chat streams and forge real human connections with their customers.

announcements

Announcements enable you to engage with your customers directly within chat in your app. Whether you’re a marketplace aiming to drive higher conversions, an on-demand business trying to grow adoption of a new service, a healthcare business trying to proactively engage patients, or an online community trying to nudge user participation — engaging customers in the moments that matter to your business is the foundation for business success.

Learn more about Announcements on this blog, or start using it today by visiting the docs.

1 Like

Hi @eric.kim

A great addition to already available features in SendBird. This will really help to mature the chat experience to the end users.

Great.

3 Likes

Cool! @tahiralvi

Thank you for your kind words.

Were you able to use announcement feature by any chance?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @eric.kim

I used this feature to make an announcement from the moderator of the chat group, in my case when something new is coming or for a general announcement for an event.

2 Likes

Hi guys. I was wondering, can anyone tell me what is the difference or the advantages/disadvantages of using Proactive Chats or Announcements? Which one to choose for an app when announcing a new article available for example? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@eric.kim .kim can you give some clarity on the difference between announcements and proactive chats? Thank you!

1 Like

i need help.(urgent) i want to send message for a reminder to a particular user, not all. is it possible? eg if its time for an announcement to a user but want to send in chat message about the announcement.
Can we do this

2 Likes

From you Dashboard or Platform API you should be able to send an announcement to a particular user.

More about announcements here:

1 Like

How can I integrate announcements into the UIKIT that I’m using ?

@nuclear Please see my comment in the other thread you created.